The Data Fusion Lab was a multi-disciplinary group of researchers studying a wide range of topics in engineering, including:
- System theory and its applications,
- Distributed detection,
- Data and decision fusion,
- Navigation and robotics,
- Wireless communications,
- Digital signal processing,
- Dynamics and controls of biological systems,
- Handwriting forensics, and
- Machine learning.
The lab was established in 1989 at Drexel University and has graduated 23 students with a Ph.D., 27 with an M.S., and 18 with B.S./M.S. degrees.
The lab's research has been sponsored by organizations including U.S. Army CERDEC, U.S. Office of Naval Research, U.S. Army Research Laboratory, Lockheed Martin, DARPA, FAA, and Janssen.